Reorganizing our repository

Hi,

It's been a while since I last made a complete 'svn up' from our base
repository. We have now 197 packages in main [1], and looking quickly,
we seem to have 220 packages in our repository [2]. Operations become
long.

How would you feel towards moving to a structure similar to the pools
in the Debian archive? We could add one more level to the archive,
separating according to the module's first letter:

/packages/a/libalias-perl/
/packages/a/libanydata-perl/
(...)
/packages/x/libxml-mini-perl/
/packages/x/libxml-writer-perl/

There is only one corner case, which I think would make sense to move
as if it were a lib{foo}-perl:

/packages/s/soap-lite/

It is a trivial move, but AFAICT it will make faster our 'svn up' or
'svn cleanup' commands. And will make life easier as our repository
continues to grow.

What do you think?

[1] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=pkg-perl-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org&comaint=yes

[2] http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-perl/packages/?rev=0&sc=0