Re: Your opinions on low-NMU treshold

On 7/31/06, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:
There have been a couple of mentions in the recent thread in
debian-project [1] (specifically this one [2]) of the LowThresholdNmu
maintainer list [3]. In short, in order to make RC bug squashing
faster, the maintainers which agree that their packages don't have to
go through the 7-day delay queue usually used for NMUs sign up and
allow for people to act fast.

The usual NMU rules apply, where you need to send the patch to the BTS
before the upload! That's always good to remember.

I have signed up a long time ago - But by far, most of my packages
belong to the pkg-perl group. How do you feel regarding this proposal?
Should we sign up the whole group for expedite NMUing? Or should I
note that it applies only for my _other_ packages, not for those
group-maintained with this group?

If it consensus in the group it would be great and a good test since
we would be the first
group doing that. It would be good establish some rules too, IMHO.
I've some suggestions:

DDs NMUing or sponsoring NMUs for pkg-perl should:
* Send the patch to the BTS as required by the release team;
* Send a message to the debian-perl ML;
* Upload the package after the current day dinstall beat, if in doubt
upload in the next day;

I think the message to debian-perl ML is necessary, to avoid the
possibility of communication problems due to email weirdness or
somebody do the work twice.

Please note that if you're in pkg-perl but not a DD, you won't be
NMUing. If you're in the group, it's a different matter, but i would
be happier to see more NMs using mentors to upload their packages.

Thoughts?

regards,
-- stratus