Re: [GSoC 2018] Opinions on new packages

Hello Sergio,

> Basically I should create a bug report about the intention to create a> package [2] (in order to add it to WNPP[3]) and then report in the>
changelog that I'm closing that bug.> > I would like to know if it's
appropriate to do this thing or if it's> sufficient to stop here (even
temporarily, for the purposes of the GSoC).
As I understand it, filing an ITP bug allows who is interested to
comment on the proposed inclusion of the specific package in the
archive. I find it an useful policy.

If the package you are creating is not a simple exercise, but it is
meant to be included in the distribution, I don't see why you should not
file an ITP bug.

Cheers,
Dan