Re: Regarding Google Summer of Code 2018

On 20/02/18 07:58, Molly de Blanc wrote:
> Related comments from the Outreachy mentors list:
>
> On 02/19/2018 03:39 PM, Outreachy Organizers wrote:
>> Other mentors who have applicants contacting them privately -
>> Please also note that if (and only if) you add your chat/IRC/forum
>> nickname to your mentor information, applicants will see the following
>> paragraph:
>>
>> "Please try to contact the mentor on public community channels as much
>> as possible. Often other mentors for the project can answer your
>> question or point you in the right direction to get help. They may be

Molly, thanks for pointing this out, with all the different policies
from both GSoC and Outreachy this is one example of why it is so good to
have a team approach as I doubt any one of us will remember all these
details alone.

Based on this feedback, I'm encouraging students to apply through the
list and based on the concern from Dashamir about email overload, I've
embedded a thread ID in the links so that the replies are threaded.

For anybody else who wants to create links for the wiki, here is the
script I used:

https://github.com/dpocock/gsoc-make-wiki-links

Regards,

Daniel