Re: LibreOffice / Impress stable is unusable

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 08, 2015 at 12:30:24AM +0100, ladybug wrote:
> currently, on Debian stable, Impress of LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2 /
> Build ID: 430m0(Build:2) is in a completely unusable state.
> I can't imagine how this could enter the "stable" branch, since crashes
> are what this application is all about.

You are the first one since it was released with stable in April:
https://www.debian.org/News/2015/20150426

if it was a general problem there would be far more reports (also before,
when this version was still in testing before/in the freeze:

 -- Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org>  Sun, 09 Nov 2014 21:17:06 +0100

It *might* be that the security update Thursday caused problems, but I don't
believe it. (Maybe for wheezy where porting the patch was "interesting", but
not for jessie.)

> With these basic requirements not met, LibreOffice in this version, and
> most especially Impress, seems rather unfit for all-day use and the
> label "stable". If this is known behavior, I strongly suggest to either
> going back to a *reliable* version, or moving on to a new one, that does

Sure. Going back to whatever version or upggrading to whatever new version
is what we are going for stable. NOT. (stable also means "non-changing")

> You'll find the backtrace log attached to this mail.

With what version of libreoffice-impress (No, 4.3.3 is not a package
version, one should report bugs with the exact version of the package..)?

Anything special in your sysem differing from defaults? Nvidia or whatever
drivers involved?

> 0x00007ffff49d1060 in SfxItemSet::GetItemState(unsigned short, bool, SfxPoolItem const**) const () from /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/libsvllo.so
> #0  0x00007ffff49d1060 in SfxItemSet::GetItemState(unsigned short, bool, SfxPoolItem const**) const () from /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/libsvllo.so
> #1  0x00007fffcfc7a07c in ?? () from /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/../program/libeditenglo.so

Do you have libreoffice-dbg installed?

Regards,

Rene