Re: dictionaries-common: myspell policy

Rene Engelhard wrote:
Hi Agustín,

as promised already here is the patch (against 0.9.51).

Hi, Rene,

Wonderful to have it included, thanks.

Included in the diff is the addition of me to the document at the
beginning and to Uploaders: to be able to to something for the myspell
parts directly if they need some rework/fixing. [1]

If you wonder: I have tried to get the maximal lenth/line <= 80 to
be able to edit the file on a plain console; this increased the diff
somewhat...

I also replaced some occurances of the long forms thorugh IDWP; or
&IDWP;s.

The other changes I did are mentioned in the diff itself (changelog).

If you want me to, I could upload 0.10 if the patch is OK for you...
(I included the changelog so far in the diff; tis version built fine; debs
and the changes are lying on my HD...)

I have just committed your changes and tagged the release as
debian_version_0_10 for cvs-buildpackage convenience. Uploaded a package to the experimental area at alioth for further testing.

Still not uploaded to Debian, since I am getting an error when running the ooo script,

# LC_ALL=C update-ooo-dictlist
Temp: /tmp/VkDJvLbkeiUpdating OpenOffice.org's dictionary list... done.
mv: cannot move `/tmp/VkDJvLbkei' to `/home/rene/test': No such file or directory

[1] This then may include being member in the alioth project and having
CVS access...

Added to the project. I think you already have write acess to the CVS, complain otherwise

.
P.S.: I just subscribed to dict-common-*. Would it make sense to make
that List the Maintainer and you, Rafael and me Uploaders:?

I rather prefer the dict-common-dev list not to be overloaded with the bugs related to the dictionaries-common package, and be used for project announces and discussion. Those interested in bugs and upload information can subscribe to the package through its PTS page at

http://packages.qa.debian.org/d/dictionaries-common.html

It might however be more meaningful for the dict-common-cvs mailing list, since it is a more restricted one. What do you think, Rafael?

Cheers,

Agustin Martin Domingo, Dpto. de Fisica, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politecnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,
email:agmartin@aq.upm.es, http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/welcome.html