one more Gnome desktop note for OO

    I ran across one problem today after getting the Gnome 2.0
desktop and Nautilus to properly launch OpenOffice documents into
OpenOffice.org (by the addition of the ooffice symlink). The icons
on my .swx files disappeared. I turned out in trying to sort this
all out I had accidentally caused a ~/.gnome/mime-info/user.keys
and ~/.gnome/mime-info/user.mime to get created with bogus info.
So if you are having any problems under Gnome 2.0 in getting the
OpenOffice file icons to appear in Nautilus, make sure you don't
have these user mime and keys files populated with any information
about OpenOffice. You should be able to delete them and OpenOffice
will work fine.
                       Jack