Re: Building without Java

On Friday 05 July 2002 04:30 pm, csj wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Jul 2002 03:03:04 -0700
>
> ben <benfoley@rcn.com> wrote:
> > On Friday 05 July 2002 02:44 am, csj wrote:
> > > Is it possible to build OpenOffice.org without any trace of java at all
> > > in my system?
> >
> > i don't think so. i spent a couple of days trying to fake it, but
> > eventually gave in and dl'ed the requisite jre. if the speed of oo.o is
> > your concern, though it takes a while to load, once it's up, it's
> > remarkably fast and worth the java hassle.
>
> What jdk did you use (url or apt line)? And how many hours did it take
> to build?

sorry, i'm gone totally blank on the apt line. maybe someone else can come up
with that. it's the blackdown-1.3.1 jre, and this is my sources.list
reference for it.

deb ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/java/debian/ woody non-free

i can't remember how long it took. i've got a second line for the modem, so i
never really give it that much attention.

ben