Re: Octave 4.4 transition

* Oliver Heimlich <oheim@posteo.de> [2018-05-09 10:18]:

I hope that now, after Octave 4.4 is out, there will be a package-fixing phase. Before 4.4 nobody cared that all packages continue to work (maybe some individual package maintainers happened to test particular packages against a release candidate).

I guess that we will see a few upstream releases withing the next weeks and could plan for a transition in June or July.

My inclination would be to wait until most of the packages are fixed upstream with new released tarballs before starting the transition. Our time is too precious to be wasted in cherry-picking fixes from the upstream repositories, unless it is strictly necessary.

Rafael