Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] octave transitions

Le samedi 18 juillet 2015 à 00:05 +0200, Rafael Laboissiere a écrit :
> * Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2015-07-17 23:53]:
>
> > Le mardi 14 juillet 2015 à 21:33 +0200, Sébastien Villemot a écrit
> > :
> >
> > > I think the next step for the Octave 4.0 transition is to file a
> > > bug
> > > against release.debian.org.
> >
> > Done (#792740).
> >
> > Rafael: can you please file bugs against rdeps of octave (severity
> > important for the time being) and mark them as blocking the
> > transition
> > bug?
>
> Ok, I will do it as time permits.

Thanks.

Actually I was given the permission by the Release Team to upload
Octave 4.0 to unstable, so the transition has now begun.

I have also uploaded a new octave-pkg-dev (versioned 1.3.0), which has
two changes:
- depends on Octave 4.0
- includes proper unit testing for packages without autoload

Since we decided to remove autoloading in all packages at the same time
as the Octave 4.0 transition, my understanding is that we need to do
sourceful uploads of all our 'Forge packages (making them B-D on octave
-pkg-dev >> 1.2.0, which I think is already done in git thanks to
Rafael).

For the other rdeps that we don't maintain, if they FTBFS with Octave
4.0, bugs with severity serious can now be opened. We must stand ready
to NMU them.

The status of the transition can be tracked on this page:

https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-octave.html

We should start fixing packages with "dependency level 1" before moving
further down the list.

--
 .''`.    Sébastien Villemot
: :' :    Debian Developer