Re: 4.03.0 released to experimental

Hello,

On Mon, Nov 07, 2016 at 12:46:00PM +0000, Ximin Luo wrote:
> Mehdi Dogguy:
> > On 06/11/2016 19:37, Ximin Luo wrote:
> >>
> >> OK. I'm doing the new package now. I'm going to rename some branches in git,
> >> atm it is a bit non-standard and confusing.
> >>

> > Can we discuss the renames you want to operate before doing it?
> >
> > What did you find non-standard? What is standard?
> >

> Sorry, I did it already. It was:
>
> master -> debian/sid
> upstream -> upstream/sid
> experimental/master -> debian/experimental
> experimental/upstream -> upstream/experimental
>
> I've seen this more often and the `gbp buildpackage` man page even names debian/sid as an example. It also better matches the debian/stretch branch that you added.

this naming schema makes sense, but it is not the one we have agreed on
in the debian-ocaml-maint team. So far we have been using for all
packages branches master and upstream for sid, and for all other
distributions <distro>/master and <distro>/upstream.

In my opinion it does not really matter which one we use, but it would
be helpful to use the same naming schema for all packages.

Cheers -Ralf.