Re: Make ocaml-best-compilers non-virtual

Johannes Schauer:
> [..]
>
> Notice, that apscud somehow seems to think that ocaml-native-compilers (=
> 4.02.3-7+b1) is able to satisfy the dependency on "ocaml-best-compilers (>=
> 4.03.0)" even though that version of ocaml-native-compilers does not provide a
> specific version of ocaml-best-compilers and should thus not be considered
> for possibly providing a versioned dependency.
>
> [..]
>
> So since the Cudf representation of ocaml-native-compilers (= 4.02.3-7+b1)
> provides "--virtual-ocaml-best-compilers%3aamd64 = 2147483646" it is able to
> satisfy the dependency relationship of sbuild-build-depends-ocamlbuild-dummy.
>
> Thanks!

Thank you josch! So what is the best way forward here? Is it worth us waiting for apt-cudf to be fixed?

To answer Ralf before, no ocamlbuild does not strictly *need* a build-depends on ocaml-best-compilers. But it is nice to do this - especially since we are recommending this in the OCaml packaging guide - and it has helped us find a bug. :)

However if it will take too long to fix, then I could change this to ocaml-nox (>= 4.03.0) instead, temporarily just so that ocamlbuild enters Debian and we can proceed with the already-late transition.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git