Re: tuareg-mode 2.0.6

On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 10:40:37AM +0200, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> On 06/06/12 09:28, Ralf Treinen wrote:

> >just to let you know what is going on with tuareg-mode. I was hoping to
> >upload the debian package of tuareg-mode 2.0.6 before the gates to wheezy
> >are closing. Unfortunately, when doing some basic testing I was hit by
> >
> >https://forge.ocamlcore.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1167&group_id=43&atid=255
> >
> >IMHO this is severe enough to not upload this version of tuareg-mode
> >to sid. The package for 2.0.6 is in the git repo if you want to try for
> >yourself.
> >

> That only affects the SMIE feature no? (which is new… so people can
> still disable it).

Yes, the bug only occurs with SMIE indentation, but this is mostly what
makes this release interesting since it fixes some known bugs with code
indentation. In fact I was planning to turn SMIE indentation on by default.

I could still upload a package for 2.0.6 with SMIE turned off by default,
and add a note in NEWS.debian. I guess that is what I am going to do.

-Ralf.