Re: [Caml-list] Python and Caml (was: Disabling the OCaml garbage collector)

[ full quote for debian-ocaml-maint readers ]

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 05:05:10PM +0000, Thomas Fischbacher wrote:
> Raj Bandyopadhyay wrote:
>
>> I am writing a foreign function interface between OCaml and another
>> language (Python) which works via C.
>
> Acknowledging that there is a number of people interested in interfacing
> python and caml, I just put up a website from which our bugfixed and
> extended variant of Art Yerkes' "pycaml" module can be downloaded:
>
> http://nmag.soton.ac.uk/tf/pycaml.html
>
> (Note ad Debian developers: this fixes some major memory management bugs
> that can cause crashes in the original pycaml module which is in Debian,
> so, ideally, our variant should eventually supersede the code that is at
> present in that Debian package. Interface-wise, our module provides more
> than the original one, but I think I also had to remove two or three
> very obscure functions.)

Many thanks for this, we are of course very interested in packaging your
version if it is better than the old one that we are shipping in Debian.
Still, a question is due: what happened to the previous version by Art
Yerkes? Have you got in touch with him and he passed over the
maintenance to you or something such?

Cheers.