[was: Dropping arm/ia64 opt compilers] recompiling OCaml with ocamldoc CDBS change

On 03-10-2007, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:

> --KsGdsel6WgEHnImy
>
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 08:44:31PM +0000, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
>> Since camomile falls in this case, i agree that the solution is to drop
>> these arches for a while...
>
> No objection, but I'll be away until next Monday so I can't work on it.
>
> In case someone step in, beware that the latest changes to ocamldoc
> documentation generation in the ocaml by Sylvain haven't been tested
> yet, and IIRC make packages FTBFS. In case a new upload of ocaml is
> needed please revert them (or alternatively fix them of course).

What do you mean by make package FTBFS ?

If you give me input about this, i will fix it and upload a new OCaml.
(maybe we can continue shipping the template to make all packages
not FTBFS).

I don't know how to "cleanly" disable ia64/arm, can you give hint on how
to do it?

I think that if we drop an arch, we must make sure that every packages
will continue to compile... Any idea about this ?

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall