Re: [was: generation of ocamldoc HTML documentation for libs (via cdbs)] OCaml policy for documentation

On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 14:16 +0200, Maxence Guesdon wrote:

>  I find it satisfying most of the time.
>
> > In particular, whilst variant tags can be annotated, no documentation
> > is generated for polymorphic variant tags.
>
> Indeed.

Which make it almost useless for me since almost all variants
in my code are polymorphic variants, and the meaning of these
data types is the primary thing that needs documentation ;(

> > It is also unclear what happens when camlp4/5 is used.
>
> It's very simple: If the preprocessor used does not keep comments, or change
> their locations in the ocaml-syntax output, the comments are lost.

So in effect ocamldoc works on the code 'after preprocessing'?
[Make sense, I just didn't know since I don't use any preprocessing]