Re: adding X-Vcs-Svn source field to ocaml related packages

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 12:53:41PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Hi all,
>   recently I started adding to my debian/control the field X-Vcs-Svn,
> which value is the URL of the subversion repository containing the
> working version of the package. With this mail I'm proposing to use it
> in all ocaml related packages; I've a commit ready that implements the
> proposal.
>
> Example from the debian/control of the vim package:
>
>   Source: vim
>   <snip>
>   Build-Conflicts: libperl-dev (= 5.8.4-1)
>   XS-X-Vcs-Svn: svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-vim/trunk/packages/vim
>
> Which results in something like the following [1] for the final user:
>
>   zack@aquarium:~$ apt-cache showsrc amule | tail -n2
>
> The rationale is to let the users know where the latest development
> version of packages are, quite useful for following development, knowing
> where to look for bugs tagged +pending, ...
>
> I would like to have such a field on all ocaml related packages. Given
> that we have a nice repository with a standardized structure :) I also
> have a commit ready implementing the changes on (almost) all our
> packages. Attached you can find the compressed 'svn diff'. If noone
> object to this change I will commit it in the next days.

Great idea...

By the way, is there also a custom field for upstream homepage/upstream
download page/upstream bugs ?

If you want to change any of my packages, using your diff, you can !

This should also be added to the pkg-ocaml-maint SVN howto (don't
remember where it is, i think it is an appendix of the ocaml policy
which can be found in the ocaml package).

Kind regard
Sylvain Le Gall