Re: Ocaml 3.08.0-2 ready to enter testing, hold back by 54+4 packages.

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 06:36:46PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Normally, things will just percolate to testing correctly when new
> > packages are uploaded.  There is no particular need to force the
> > autobuilders to rebuild it in general.  If any particular arch has built
> > it wrong, that's what a binary-only build is for.  Not to mention that
> > things can't enter testing if their deps aren't met.
>
> Well, if you have a better understanding of how the autobuilder infrastructure
> work, then by all way, explain to us what is the right way to make sure things
> work as they should.

I'm not saying that you lack the understanding, just that, in general,
the autobuilder issue is orthogonal to proper control file lines.  If
you write your control file correctly, the autobuilders will do the
right thing in most cases.

> Again, this is post sarge discussion.

Well, it started because someone threatened to submit RC bugs against my
package, though I have yet to see an instance where it actually does the
wrong thing in sarge.

-- John