Re: SVN builds ?

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 09:22:47PM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:

> > > OK, I can add this as an option.
> >
> > The best would be to have a -D parameter for specifying any directory,
> > either relative (.. or subdir) or absolut (/tmp/SVN/lablgtk2).
>
> OK. What should happen when the directory already exists ? Abort,
> or silently remove the directory ?

Mmm, good question. Maybe a -d directory which fails, and a -D which
removes ?

> > BTW, What about including this tool into one of the packages directly ?
>
> I estimate that there are currently at most 6 people who have use

:)) But it may be of use to other SVN users. Maybe something such does
even already exist, not sure, i think i remember seing some other SVN
helper tools around, maybe some of Branden stuff ?

> for this script, not sure whether this justifies creating a
> package ... And putting it in one of the existing packages
> would be clutter since it would be of no use for "ordinary"

I was thinking to put it in ocaml-tools.

> ocaml developpers. Hm, maybe we could put it together with
> the ocaml policy in some kind of debian-ocaml-maint package.

No, the policy should really go in the debian-policy package, but for
that we need a compliant format.

Friendly,

Sven Luther