Re: Debian OCaml Task Force

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 04:47:05PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 04:20:35PM +0200, J?r?me Marant wrote:
> > I agree about a task force for packages we maintain (co-maintainership),
> > but agree less for additional packages that noone use (I mean none
> > of the maintainers use them). I we have interest in packages, we
> > better maintaine them, don't we?
>
> Not in my case: I would like to have at least some additional ocaml
> software packages, but I'm not willing to take care of the
> maintainership of them.
>
> Stated more precisely: I can produce an initial debian package for the
> current available version, but I'm sure that I will able to keep them
> update. Anyway I will probably use them if the will be available as a
> debian package and this increase the probabilities that it will be kept
> up to date.
>
> The undergoing idea is that an "old" version of an ocaml library debian
> packaged is better that no version ... I understand that someone can
> disagree with this idea ... probably you, Jerome :)

It would also make us more responsive when one of us is occuped and also
provide hint for would-be maintainer to help out.

BTW, Stefano, just to test a theory, would it be possible to build
libpgsql-ocaml with current testing postgresql ? If yes, maybe you (or i)
could build a testing version and upload it to testing-proposed-updates.

I built it in a testing pbuilder, and it does ok once you remove the
(>7.3) dependency on   postgresql.

Friendly,

Sven Luther