Re: it is almost mini-freeze time ...

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 12:10:08PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> Hello everyone, ...
>
> glibc 2.3.1-12 is almost ready, and should fix all RC bugs (except the
> licence issue, but which will not stop glibc to enter testing, after all
> the licence problems has been in glibc for years, so it would not make
> the new version less buggy than the one actually in testing). The
> message about it can be seen here :

glibc 2.3.1-12 was uploaded :

  http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/glibc/news/1.html

Now only the licence problem remain as RC bug, and this will not stop
glibc from entering testing.

So, i officially announce the mini-freeze. We have now 10 or so days to
make sure that all our packages have been built, and check the status of
the dependencies also.

Jerome, i will be looking into the sparc/ocaml issue as soon as the new
libc is installed on vore. If that doesn't solve it, i will be asking
for help on access to a sparc box for xavier on debian-sparc.

Could you in the meantime perhaps upload a package using gcc 2.95 to
build ocaml ? But then, i think cameleon is not yet in testing, so this
is not really important to the mini-freeze.

Friendly,

Sven Luther