Re: ocaml-ldconf problems on Woody

On Wednesday 25 December 2002 09:18 am, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> BTW, keeping on not answering your original question :-), you can find a
> woody rebuilt version of pcre-ocaml and of all others 'new' debian
> packages using an apt-gettable repository that I've set up.
>
> Just follow the instructions available at:
>
>   http://people.debian.org/~zack/ocaml/

Thanks. I didn't know this.
In the new version, two problems still persist:

a) After `apt-get install libpcre-ocaml-dev`,
`ocaml-ldconf -a /usr/lib/ocaml/pcre` has to be run for
`ocaml-ldconf -l` to list it

b) Even after that,

$ ocaml-ldconf -l
        /usr/local/lib/ocaml/3.06/stublibs
        /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs
        /usr/lib/ocaml/pcre
$ ledit /usr/bin/ocaml
        Objective Caml version 3.06

# #load "pcre.cma";;
Cannot find file pcre.cma.
# #load "pcre/pcre.cma";;
# open Pcre;;
Unbound module Pcre

This works with "ocaml -I /usr/lib/ocaml/pcre" though.

Cheers
Oleg