Re: advi fails on debian

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 11:20:07PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 10:58:21AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
>
> > This description seems familiar, and is usually the result of you trying
> > to view a dvi document with postscript fonts, which is not yet supported
> > by advi, and which is already in the BTS as a wishlist bug.
>
> OK. I experimented a little bit and found that the following line
> causes the problem:
>
> \usepackage{times}
>
> Is that what you meant by postscript fonts?

Yes, ...

The times package is the one responsible for using postscript fonts
instead of the standard metafont ones.

BTW, i will soon package advi 1.01, put then, it did not solve this
problem, i think.

I will add a notice in the README.Debian or somewhere else about that
point.

Friendly,

Sven Luther