Re: DM application of Axel wagner

Hi,

Axel Wagner <mero@merovius.de> writes:
> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer.
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
> Currently, I maintain the package shellex.
> My GnuPG key 2C8C1429 is signed by the Debian Developers Michael
> Stapelberg.
I believe that Axel Wagner has the technical skills needed to maintain
Debian packages. I support his application to become a Debian
maintainer. I’ve known Axel since I started my studies in 2008, which is
also the time at which I recommended him to try Debian ;-). These days,
he administrates (Debian) servers at the math faculty and is quickly
learning more and more packaging skills.

Axel is also the author of i3bar, an important part of the i3 window
manager. In that context, he already demonstrated that he takes user
problems seriously and is a pleasant person to work with.

I sponsored Axel’s upload of shellex and I am sure that he will be a
good maintainer.

--
Best regards,
Michael