Re: negative vote for maintainer Michael Gilbert

On 01/05/2012 09:33 AM, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> Unstable is, well, unstable, yikes!

FYI, unstable means *changes* often, not *breaks* often.
Issues in it are *not* a normal thing.

That being said, I'm not into any of the sides, and don't
wish to argue for/against you (I didn't even read the bug
report). I feel like people should try to help and improve
Debian rather than loosing their time pointing at others.

> At present, I have limited time for xpdf

Then, did you fill an RFH? If not, you should do it right away.
Trying to do team maintaining would also be welcome, so
that you wont be considered the only responsible for not
uploading fixes. If you just write in the BTS that you're
busy right now, and accept help/NMU, that's enough for
most people in Debian, I believe.

Cheers,

Thomas