Re: Application for Debian Maintainership

Hi all!

Mats Erik Andersson <mats.andersson@gisladisker.se> writes:
> Dear Reader,
>
> this is the pledge and declaration of my intent to be accepted
> as a Debian Maintainer.
>
> I have repeatedly read the Social Contract and the Debian Free
> Software Guidelines, as well as the Debian Machine Usage Policy.
> I agree with their phrasing in letter and in intent.
>
> Currently I maintain the packages:
>
>     nd, netpipes, ttysnoop, twofish, w9wm, webfs, and windowlab.
>
> In collaboration, I maintain
>
>     durep, libcache-historical-perl, linux-ftpd, nettoe, and netkit-ftp.
>
> I have implemented IPv6-support in
>
>     bsd-finger, cfingerd, linux-ftpd, netkit-ftp, netpipes,
> 		nettoe, and netris.
>
> These are the ones where the patches have gone into the repository, and where
> IPv6 was lacking before my contribution. Further patches are still waiting
> for evaluation by the relevant maintainer. In addition, a number of smaller
> patches have been accepted, where the intent was to restore the functionality
> of the software in mixed IPv4/IPv6 environments, which otherwise might be
> disturbed by issues in address resolving.
>
> I have implemented code for libgnutls in "webfs", where libssl were
> inactivated in the repository. I did also implement digest-authentication
> in "nd", where only "basic" was present before my contribution.
>
> I have mended the RC-bug "dir-or-file-in-var-www" in
>
>     calamaris, cricket, doc-central, durep, htdig, iog, phpsysinfo.
>
> It is my intention to continue implementing and auditing IPv6-behaviour
> in Debian packages where I detect weaknesses. I have even engaged in some
> select upstream software in order to make them IPv6-able and thus enter
> the Debian maintained collection. In particular I will act as member of
> GNU Inetutils.
>
> My GnuPG Key
>
> 		 Mats Erik Andersson <mats.andersson@gisladisker.se>
>      20BB 3CCE CFE5 0A61 39A5  7E9A 1BB3 7533 4D75 0376
>
> is now signed by the Debian Developer
>
>      Ola Lundqvist <opal@debian.org>
>
> Finally, I do, Dear Reader, appreciate your endurance in reading this text!

    I have uploaded various packages (e.g. windowlab, webfs, nettoe) for
Mats and am very confident in the quality of his work -- hadn't anything
to complain in the last uploads. I'm sure he will do well as Debian
Maintainer and fully support his application.

Regards

    Christoph

--
9FED 5C6C E206 B70A 5857  70CA 9655 22B9 D49A E731
Debian Developer | Lisp Hacker | CaCert Assurer

Q. Why is top posting bad?