fairness/priorities during the NM process

Hi,

Disclaimer: this is not a rant, I'm just trying to raise a small issue.
Solving it could could make the NM process slightly less painful for
everybody.

In april, the issue of the ordering of unassigned applicants was raised
on this list, and Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt explained how the unassigned
applications queue is processed[1] :

    More or less in order, with some exceptions: People without
    a notable contribution don't get an AM, but are informed per
    mail and I try to match up AMs with the first few applicants
    in the queue of unassigned people. It's normally better if
    KDE-related people get AMs who have at least a bit of KDE
    packaging experience, for example.  Also, I try to assign
    clearly "easy" cases to new AMs, which means applicants who
    are active, have a signed gpg key and are not known for
    flamewars.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2006/04/msg00145.html

I'd like to raise the issue of the ordering of applicants waiting for FD
or DAM approval. How does the FD/DAM select who is next for being
reviewed ? I suppose that it's done more or less in order (based on the
time the applicants are approved by their AM for the FD queue, and based
on the time the applicants are approved by the FD for the DAM queue ?),
with some slight variations I can't explain.

Would it be possible to order applicants to reflect that in the
nmlist.php page, so it is easier for applicants to determine how soon
they will be processed ?

Thank you,