Re: [nm-admin] Identification step in the current scheme (Re: Fear the new maintainer process)

On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 02:32:01PM +0000, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Mark Brown wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 03:06:36PM +0000, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> about the difficulties of providing "adequate" identification. I find the
> technical argument (the applicant does not have access to scanners,
> etc...) to be as weak, because it declares a lack of "connectedness" with
> the "technological" society they wish to enter. This may sound harsh, but
> then again, Debian isn't a life-raft where every living, breathing,

It depends on what sort of stuff you do.  Unless you actually want to
scan in images there's no reason to have a scanner.  Computers, net
connections - these things we can expect people to have access to.
Scanners just aren't so generally useful and it's entirely reasonable to
expect that someone doesn't own one and doesn't know anyone that does.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/