Re: packaging fdk-aac-free

On Sat, Jul 1, 2023 at 5:25 AM Dylan Aïssi <bob.dybian@gmail.com> wrote:
> Le ven. 30 juin 2023 à 19:56, Jeremy Bícha
> Wim Taymans, who seems to maintain this "fork" [1], moved the repository
> at [2] four days ago, but it lacks tags and a README explaining the reason
> of this fork. It would be helpful to have a README saying the parts with
> patent concerns have been stripped and the Fedora/Red Hat legal team has
> approved this fork. I wanted to discuss that with Wim but I haven't had
> the time yet. Anyway, this is not blocking for us.

Have you reached out to Wim about why the repo has a different name
than the Fedora source package? And a request for git tags.

I'm wanting to create the package in the next few days so I can reach
out instead if you're busy.

I figure I'll just use the existing Debian repo, rename the source
package fields and gbp import-orig the forked version. So we would use
the same binary names and package split as the existing non-free
Debian package, just with a higher version number. Does that sound
fine?

Thank you,
Jeremy Bícha