salsa-ci and sonic-pi

hi,

i noticed that sonic-pi has a CI pipeline schedule [1], which builds sonic-pi each day at 8:30CET.

CI rulez, but is there any specific reason to keep building the same package day after day? this seems like a waste of resources to me: even though sonic-pi is rather quick to build (i think the entire pipeline takes about 15min), it piles up. also, each build creates artifacts worth ~290MB (compressed), and the last 28 artifacts are kept.

the last change to sonic-pi was about 100 days ago. since then sonic-pi has been built a hundred times without anyone making anybody the wiser.
afaict, the pipeline failed a couple of times, but was this ever monitored?

so here's my question/plea: can we stop scheduled pipelines in general? and in the odd case that a scheduled pipeline is something you *really* need, would it be possible to also set up a schedule (on the personal calendar of the maintainer who deemed the schedule absolutely necessary) to reevaluate and eventually remove the scheduled pipeline?

mgfasdr
IOhannes

[1] <https://salsa.debian.org/multimedia-team/sonic-pi/-/pipeline_schedules>