How to video stream in Debian?

Hi!

I have two Debian systems in the same network running Testing. One of them has an analog TV card (Philips Semiconductors SAA7134/SAA7135HL Video Broadcast Decoder). I can watch TV with kdetv without problems using V4L2, but normally I’m not using this system directly. So I tried to stream the video with vlc, but every example I found in the net seemed to use a codec not available with the Debian version of ffmpeg (patent problems). The multimedia repository contains a non-free version of ffmpeg, but not of vlc.

So how can I stream one TV channel to my other system? An example command line is greatly appreciated.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz                    E-Mail: Nur-Ab-Sal@gmx.de |