Re: jackd & related software

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:46:05 +0100, Djamel Ouerdane wrote:

> My question is : why when I compile things myself, e.g. jamin, and run
> it as before, it complains about the jack server not running ? It is
> obsviously running. Same with any other jack app that I compiled myself
> (like hydrogen cvs). I looked at permissions of executables, owners,
> etc. I made sure that they are the same as the precompiled stuff found
> on the apt repository. I simply don't get why the latter works and not

What APT repository are you talking about?

> the stuff I compile myself. I used to do it on redhat-like systems and I
> never had this trouble. Any idea ??

Yes. When compiling (e.g. jamin) you have to make sure the compile sees
the headers and libraries that belong to the distribution's version of
JACK (libjack0.80.0-0 and jackd). You have to install libjack0.80.0-dev
and make sure you don't have any traces of a previous local install of
jack (maybe in /usr/local) left.

	Robert.