Re: OOM while building ghc 9.4.5

Hi Jeffrey,

On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 01:02PM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> [...]
> I found two things helped or fixed the problem. First, I would build
> with only one make job. That is, 'make -j 1'. 'make -j 3' or 'make -j
> 5' was sure to break the build.
>
> Second, I would add a swap partition that provided enough space to run
> the compiler. For a dev board with 512MB of RAM, I would setup a 2GB
> swap partition. I would also set swappiness to 1 or 2 to keep things
> in memory. zram would not help because even compressed, the compiler
> needed a fair amount of space.

Thanks for the hints. Unfortunately none of them have worked so far. I
am trying to compile just this file and nothing else, and I am using a
host with 8G of RAM and 8G of Swap. The problem seems to be the fact
that mipsel is limited to only 2G RAM space for user processes.

Unfortunately I cannot see a way forward here, other than removing ghc
(and every Haskell program) from mipsel.

--
Ilias