Re: SGI O2: Clock problem and Bind9 problem after upgrading to Lenny

Sébastien Vajda <sebvajda@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Someone reported a similar problem on a Qube2 but we other people
> > couldn't really reproduce it.  Do you have any special workload, or
> > will the machine hang/crash when you just do normal tasks or leave it
> > idle?
>
> Yep, that was me. I was never able to pinpoint the cause of the problem.
> When the problem happened the Qube2 had been installed with etch then
> dist-upgraded to sid (lenny at that time).
>
> I investigated as best as I could but to no avail. As a last resort I
> reinstalled from scratch using a (beta) lenny installer and the
> problem just disappeared.
>
> Maybe something is broken by the upgrade from etch to lenny ?

I also have a qube2, and it locks up with most kernels, including the
lenny default kernel, the etchnhalf and 2.6.29-rc5-r5k-cobalt. I usually
revert to 2.6.22-3-r5k-cobalt, which runs for months without problems.

Any kernel will lock up on my qube2 (and used to on my NAS RAQ) within
minutes of heavy net+disk I/O if I have DMA enabled for the hard disk.

rainer