Re: MIPS kernel snapshots - 2.6.26-rc7

* Mark <strandedinnz@yahoo.com.au> [2008-06-22 23:52]:
> I assume I use Aptitude to download and install those packages ?  How
> do I point it at the location ?

It's not a Debian repository, so you cannot use aptitude.  You have to
download the .deb file manually and it install it with dpkg -i.

> And, if I wanted to compile my own kernel for a Qube2 (on a Qube2
> cause I don;t have another Linux box) and wanted it to be the latest
> great kernel release what do I need to grab ?

I suggest 2.6.25 from Debian unstable in this case.  You'll find a
config file in /boot.

> I want to roll my own kernel because I have a combo PCI board with SATA
> +USB+IDE, so I want all those drivers in the kernel at boot time, plus
> I want to add a few other devices (USB ones in the main) as modules.

If you tell me which modules you need, I'll enable them. (There's also
a high chance that 2.6.25 will have the modules already.)
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/