Re: Tester with IP27/IP30 needed

Florian Lohoff wrote:
No - the very same GLIBC does not work on mips1 machines and vice versa.
Might by okay for gentoo but debian needs a run everywhere glibc which
means some ld.so tricks like with the libc6-i686 to load a different
glibc from my understanding.

While I could test this easily on gentoo, I was thinking of it more as an upstream fix. I suppose one of those configure switches could be included to skip the check as well, with the default being on. Figured I'd see what you guys thought, since it does seem to be a bug that should to be addressed somehow rather than patched forever in one of the distros.

--Kumba

--
Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead

"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond