Re: can't partition disk?

 Hi all,

 I was about to initiate the "manual" installation using debootstrap as Harald
suggested when I read your message concerning the new image. I tried it and
the (successful) results are as follows:

 1. The append=... line is still needed. If omitted, the kernel boots and the
initial messages can be seen, but the dialog-based installer interface never
shows up.

 2. Keyboard can now be correctly selected and configured.

 3. Disks can be partitioned (installer simply invokes the fdisk command, I
don't know if this is the default behaviour for other MIPS machines).

 4. Filesystems can be specified from the installer and are correctly
formatted.

 5. Package download and installation go fine. Arcboot is correctly installed.
After modifying PROM parameters, ended booting up a shiny new Debian in my
O2 :-)

 Thank you so much!!