Re: A few Decstation questions.

Karsten Merker wrote:
[snip]
> The /240 is definitely faster - higher CPU clock and double TurboChannel
> clock rate compared with a /133. Main problem with X is currently that X
> itself works, but the keyboard support is broken in X. Thiemo has been
> working on a modified keyboard driver, but the last one I tried did not work
> on my box. Thiemo, any news on this?

I have the ACCESS.bus LK501 keybord working on my r4k maxine, still
without hotplug capability. The LK201/LK401 support is nearly complete
for console mode, it just needs a bit of bit shuffling. I intend to do
this the next days. There are still two X problems: LK201/LK401 won't
report key-up events (can be solved easily) and the XFree86 server in
woody does by default not accept the lk keymap, it falls back to some
linux legacy defaults. This is probably only a installation/xkbcomp
problem, I haven't looked into it further yet.

About the various framebuffer drivers:
I've worked further on the PMAG-AA support, console basically works,
X is yet untested and likely needs some tweaking. I haven't found out
yet how the cursor generator works.

I've added colormap handling to the PMAGB-BA driver, this works fine
now, and I use it regularily. I changed the PMAG-B and maxinefb
drivers accordingly, so the code look similiar now, and is probably
more robust. The PMAG-B part is untested, as I have no such hardware.

All of the above needs to be resynced against latest MIPS kernel CVS.
Note that all of this is still for 2.4, I'd like to forward port it
soon, but I'm a bit overloaded ATM.

Thiemo