Re: Help on updating two python packages

On Sat, Mar 30, 2024 at 03:32:53PM -0400, Qianqian Fang wrote:
> info: Hint: make sure the version in debian/changelog matches the unpacked
> source tree
You should do this.

> for pybj, ci tasks finished ok, but the test-crossbuild-arm64 job failed
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/pybj/-/pipelines/659410
"/usr/bin/python3.11: Exec format error" is very weird and I cannot
reproduce it on a porterbox.

> also, I noticed that uscan downloads from pypi appear to include an
> .egg-info folder that is not part of my git source repo. is this a problem?
Why is it not a prt of your git source repo? Your upstream branch should
match your orig tarball.

> is monitoring github release/tag a better way or pypi is preferred?
git is preferred in case PyPI tarballs are missing some files (most
commonly tests).

--
WBR, wRAR