Re: WNPP Update Package source source of gjiten

[Me]
It looks like becoming a maintainer requires 40+ hours to go through all
the "must read" articles and becoming accustomed to every procedure and
guideline.

[Andrey]
Actually, even providing a source package for a one-time upload requires
that. Becoming a maintainer requires more, and is not a one-time action.

And so my hopes of ever getting the new source in place drop away. 😅💦💦

That sounds like a very lot of time for deploying. Is there a reason for having a system that time-consuming? It feels like the deploy takes away valuable that could be spend developing... Or are you talking about the time for "first-timers"?

[Andrey]
I [...] you just want that the package in Debian uses your updated code, you don't need to (and can't) do anything in addition to [Filing the bug (#982343) on bugs.debian]

Thank you for clearing things up! 🙂

-- Chris