Re: building both monolithic command line program and shared library from single source package, ddcutil

As I read the MonitorDarkly code, it manipulates the monitor by writing to DDC slave address x37, using operation code xC2.  xC2 is  apparently is the GProbe operation code.   (GProbe is the proprietary Genesis protocol.)  Operation code xC2 is not defined in the DDC spec, so it would never be used by ddcutil or any other spec compliant DDC/CI program.  It's the use of operation code xC2, not normal reference to manufacturer specific features with spec-defined operation codes, that's the "trap door".