Re: can't upload to mentors

Hi,

>to be honest, i don't have a good reason besides testing the resulting deb and that is

>my existing workflow

I usually do two dpkg-buildpackage, one for my system, and the source one for ftpmasters

the second one is usually really fast, because it just requires a source pack, no real building.
(probably you should try to upload something like hedgewars, with a +200MB binary, to understand
why you will like to avoid it :p)

>on top of a debian source tree and it always works, so why change?

because source only uploads are niceTM :) [1]

>i'm not sure i follow you here, but here goes my reasoning anyway
>
>ftp-master will request a binary upload, so why don't do the same for mentors since is
>the very thing you're going to be doing later down the road.

only for new or bin-new queue, lots of stuff on mentors is a subsequent update with no
new binaries
>i'd love if ftp-master accepted source only or even better
>discard the uploaded binaries, but is not the way it is today

sadly true

>i'm very tempted to do uploads to debian using !amd64 binaries to be sure that
>the binary used by (most of the) users hasn't been build by me but a buildd!

true, I sometimes upload for i386 for this reason :)

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/SourceOnlyUpload