Re: dep5-copyright-license-name-not-unique

Hi Helge,

On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 03:59:31PM +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> For goobox, the list of improper paragraph starts with:
>  (paragraph at line 25)
>  (paragraph at line 66)
>  (paragraph at line 84)
>  (paragraph at line 102)
>  (paragraph at line 128)
>  (paragraph at line 171)
>  (paragraph at line 185)
>  (paragraph at line 201)
>  (paragraph at line 217)
>
> Looking at debian/copyright yields:
> 25: second use of GPL-2+
> 66: Before third use of GPL-2+
> 84: Before fourth use of GPL-2+
> 102: Before fith use of GPL-2+
>
> I attached my complete debian/copyright.
>
> Thanks for any pointers, ideas, mistakes.

You don't need to duplicate the License text multiple times.

You can simply specify the License field for the files covered by the license in question.

For example:

Files: debian/*
Copyright: 2013-2014, Daniel Lintott <daniel@serverb.co.uk>
License: GPL-2.0+

Then specify the license text seperately.

License: GPL-2.0+
 This package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
 (at your option) any later version.
 [SNIP]

Hope that helps,

Daniel