Re: package-dev

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 12:18 AM, NEVEU Stephane
<stephane.neveu@thalesgroup.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrey,
>
> Yes that's what I want to do: build a libvirt.deb and the associated libvirt-dev.deb from a fresh development snapshot (because of new features).
> So is there a special make target to create the libvirt-dev.deb ? I just can't figure out how to generate this libvirt-dev package.

If you want to build multiple binary packages from the same source
package (which, from what you've said above, is presumably what you
want), you essentially need to add an additional stanza in
debian/control for libvirt-dev, and ensure that dh_install(1) moves
everything into the right directories. If you're not sure where to
start, you may want to consider taking a look at the current libvirt
packages in Debian to see how it's done.

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask if you have any more specific questions.

Regards,
Vincent