Re: Build depending on linux architectures only

Am Montag, den 01.02.2010, 19:38 +0100 schrieb Helge Kreutzmann:
> Hello,
> I have a package (linuxinfo) which is by design only sensible on linux
> architectures. So far, this was no problem as all official
> architectures were linux based. Since now *bsd architectures are
> present within debian and others are in the works in and outside
> debian (hurd, nexenta) I would like to state in my debian/control,
> that a linux architecture (even if it is not (yet) in Debian, like
> sh4/avr32) is required for building.

File a bug against buildd.debian.org requesting to add the package to
Packages-Arch-Specific as Linux only.

But your package should be easily portable GNU/kFreeBSD because
kfreebsd-* includes a Linux-compatible[1] /proc (linprocfs). I compiled
it by removing the check for linux in linuxinfo.h, although the
application ended in an infinite loop.

Regards,
Julian

[1] Linux2.4 on FreeBSD 7, Linux version 2.6.16 (des@freebsd.org) (gcc
version 4.3.4) #4 Sun Dec 18 04:30:00 CET 1977 on FreeBSD 8.

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.