Re: RFS: tmux

On Friday 12 September 2008 13:03:20 Karl Ferdinand Ebert wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "tmux".

Hello,
	Package looks good to me, provided the following:

* control: your Depends line is empty, but your package depends on libncurses5
(at least) run-time. You want Depends: ${shlibs:Depends} in order to give a
chance to dh_shlibdeps (resp. dpkg-shlibdeps) to populate that entry
correctly for you.

* control: improving the long description would also help, since now I'm not
convinced that tmux is better than screen, or it is just YA (yet
another) 'terminal multiplexer'. Put some salt in there, like what is
different or better with tmux and why it is needed, no gambling of course,
since the code is there ;-), which also looks very clean to me.

* copyright: machine interpretable copyright format would also be nice (ask
wiki.debian.org about it)

* adding a watch file would be nice.