Re: RFS: kalgebra

On 01/22/2008 09:29 PM, Kilian Kilger wrote :
> The package can be found at http://nihilnovi.de/~kilian/kalgebra/.
>
> As this is my first package, these are only trivial modifications to make
> this package standard conformal for 3.7.3. If I compile with amd64 the
> linker sets rpath although it is compiled with --disable-rpath. So I
> compiled with i386 after all ;-). Do I have to modify something to fix
> this?
You should modify something, of course... ;-) You can read a bit about
rpaths on [1]. This has a link to [2], where the special problem on amd64 is
discussed. [3] contains also a discussion of this issue.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/RpathIssue
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2008/01/msg00306.html
[3] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2007/12/msg00029.html

My own solution to this problem is a combination of both chrpath and
patching upstream's configure-script, originally taken from the [3], now
incorporated in [1].

Short summary:
* patch configure script (and/or maybe aclocal.m4):
  -  hardcode_into_libs=yes
  +  hardcode_into_libs=no

  -hardcode_into_libs=$hardcode_into_libs
  +hardcode_into_libs=no
* if there are still binaries left with rpath (non-libs) use chrpath -d on
them in your debian/rules file.

Hope, this helps!
Feel free to ask for more information, if something remained unclear or
doesn't work!

Best Regards,
Jan