Re: [Announce] Updated Debian PVFS and Lustre packages

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 10:06 -0700, David Brown wrote:
> PVFS [2] is a parallel virtual file system developed by The Parallel
> Architecture Research Laboratory at Clemson University and The
> Mathematics and Computer Science Division at Argonne National
> Laboratory, at least that's what their website says ;). I've developed
> packages for pvfs and posted a couple of times to the debian-mentors
> mailing list about it and it would be great if someone could pick it
> up and put these packages into the debian unstable distribution.

> Please let me know if you have any comments, suggestions or problems.

I'd love to check and sponsor your PVFS packages since I've been meaning
to give it a try myself for some time. Unfortunately I'm already filled
with packaging stuff and in the middle of a big country move, so that
could take a while.

If no one else steps up, please let me know in a few weeks and I'll take
a closer look at it.

OT: do you have any personal experience with using PVFS in production
systems? I've been very curious to see how it handles under different
load profiles. If you have any pointers for me and have a few minutes to
chat, let me know off-list.

Cheers.

--
Leo Antunes <costela@gmail.com>