Re: RFS: nmzmail -- indexes and searches email in maildir folders, especially mutt

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 11:52:23AM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote......

> > > Did you look into this?  It is #325372.
> >
> > Yes I did, and in all honesty did not follow it 100%.  But that
> > said, I've rewritten my rules file and now do not make reference
> > to -$(MAKE) distclean.
> The idea is that if the only reason to allow distclean to fail is
> because ./Makefile doesn't exist (which is assumed to always cause
> it to fail), then simply check if it exists, and run the make
> conditionally, in an effort to be assertive, by doing more
> fine-grained error checking.  If make fails for any other reason,
> then *let me know*!  If the command doesn't randomly fail, then
> you simply don't need to ignore the retval.
>
> You can find a handful of other discussions at:
> http://g.rtfo.org/325372+site:lists.debian.org/debian-mentors

Excellent references.  I think I got it now.  Have amended my rules
file once more and have uploaded a fresh batch of files to
mentors.debian.net.

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/n/nmzmail/

Just in case the message got lost in this discussion about the rules
file, I'm still hoping that someone would like to sponsor this
package for uploading.  It's a wonderful little tool to have with
mutt.

Thanks, Kevin

--
Kevin Coyner  GnuPG key: 1024D/8CE11941  http://rustybear.com/publickey