Re: Remove an ITP

On Thursday 22 December 2005 20:01, Rogério Brito wrote:
> Hi, Claudio.
>
> On Dec 22 2005, Claudio Moratti wrote:
> > I sent, some time ago, two ITPs: vamps (#320067) and k9copy (#320045)...
>
> Right.  Since your first announcement here, I was quite pleased to know
> that there was someone maintaing packages of these programs. I would
> really love to see them in the Debian repository.
>
> > Packages are ready, but vamps can not enter in Debian, because the
> > upstream author don't want to make public his real identity (now in
> > debian/copyright I've a "Vamps Admin <email>", but this solution does
> > not follow the Debian Policy....
>
> If the author is really reachable via that e-mail, I'd think that it
> should be OK, but, unfortunately, I haven't read the sections of the
> Policy regarding legal issues and I am certainly outdated on these
> issues.
The section is reported in Alexander Schmehl e-mail...

The fact is that the holder of copyright is not a real person...
but one friend sent me a link to a Debian discussion about a package:

that take, as example, proftpd package... I read the debian/copyright of
proftpd package and the copyright field is:
==
 * ProFTPD - FTP server daemon
 * Copyright (c) 1997, 1998 Public Flood Software
 *
 * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
 * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
 * the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
 * (at your option) any later version.
==

Having a 'old' package that doe not have a real person as copyright holder
gives me a chance to send k9copy and vamps package in Debian :D

[cut]

> Thanks for packaging the programs anyway, Rogério.
I'll send two RFS...
having these packages in Debian is better than in a unofficial repository!

Thank you!

Claudio
--
   ~~>MaXeR <~~